Pulp & Paper Corporation (IKPP) was established in 1976 by an Indonesian Company named CV Berkat Indah Agung together with two Taiwanese companies, namely Chung Hwa Pulp Corporation and Yuen Foong Yu Paper Manufacturing Company. At the inception of IKPP, both Taiwanese companies provided the pulping and paper making technologies to successfully produce printing and writing paper from mixed tropical hardwood pulp. IKPP manufactures both industrial Paper & Board and Printing & Writing Paper. There are two Printing & Writing Paper mills in IKPP; one is located in Perawang, Riau, Indonesia, and the other in Tangerang, near Jakarta in Banten, Indonesia.Indah Kiat Pulp & Paper Perawang Mill strategically located in Perawang, on the island of Sumatra, approximately one and a half hour’s drive from Pekanbaru, capital of Riau province, Sumatra.
With Siak River as a major transportation link, with a large plantation land and suffient natural resources, Indah Kiat provides quality products to customers all over the world.
All of Indah Kiat’s BHK (Bleached Hard Wood Kraft) pulp production capacity is located at its facility in Perawang.
Indah Kiat Perawang Mill with 4 production lines has become the single pulp mill in the world, to achieve a production of 1.9 millions MT and has set a target of 2.0 millions MT pulp per year in the coming year.
Indah Kiat pulp lines have the latest state of the art pulping technology with extended delignification in batch and continuous cooking, oxygen delignification and 4 stages bleaching.
In line with APP’s overall environmental policies, Indah Kiat Perawang now produces Elemental Chlorine Free Pulp.
- We will become a world class enterprise and a global provider of high quality pulp, paper and converting products by using the most advanced technology and management techniques, for purposes of satisfying our customer, creating shareholder value, taking care of our employees and sharing of social responsible.
- To produce world class paper product in 21st Century
- Growth is essential to life and progress
- Human resources are the key to success
- The satisfaction of our shareholders, potential investors, employees, management, business partners, the government and society is the first priority.
- Preservation of the environment is an integral part of the company’s operations and main concerns.